02 September 2006

Gap Year Begins

I have now left work and now look forward to my gap year.

I'm starting to plan the trip although, I'm only really planning on getting to Queenstown to see my brother, Dave.
I'm not of these people who need to plan a trip down to the last day. Doing this just seems a good way to loads more stress when the plan inveitably goes wrong.

My current plan is to spend a few days in Singapore mainly to get over some of the jetlag then flying on to Christchurch, stay there a few days and then a coach on to Queenstown. I'm thinking a coach would be a good idea as I can see more of the country than I would flying, plus if the aircaft is based in Queenstown Dave has probably worked on it. :-P
Thanks to all the travelling I've done at my old job* I'll have enough hotel points to not need to spend anything on hotels getting out there and 2 weeks more as well!


*Cool, I can now say old job

No comments: